ESN®: Smart for your crops. Smart for your business.
Environmentally Smart Nitrogen for Agriculture
ESN® is Smart Nitrogen (N) - and the most advanced N fertility product available for agriculture in decades. Its controlled-release technology delivers N to your growing crop ALL SEASON LONG, not just when it's applied, allowing the crop to reach its full genetic potential. The unique polymer coating helps prevent against all forms of N loss, including volatilization, denitrification, and leaching. When you apply ESN, your fertilizer investment goes to work where you need it to.
What makes ESN so smart?
- Maximize yield – In areas of higher N loss, ESN has shown average yield increases of 15 - 20 bu / acre in corn with increases of 40 bu / acre or more occurring regularly. Wheat, Canola, Potatoes, and other crops also show proven yield increases.
- Maximize quality – ESN has been proven to increase crop quality, including average wheat protein content increases of 0.5% - 0.75% and higher quality ratings in potatoes.
- Maximize seed application Safety – Too much N can hurt seedlings and reduce yields, while placing limits on application practices. ESN protects seedlings from N damage and allows for up to 3x the safe rate of urea to be applied with the seed.
- Wider application window, convenience, and ease of use – ESN protects your N investment, allowing you with a wider window of application and greater convenience in fertilizer application. It also flows freely, blends well, and works with conventional application equipment.
- Safe for the environment – ESN is the only N source that protects your N investment from volatilization, denitrification, and leaching, virtually eliminating N loss to the environment, protecting the air and water. In the US, ESN qualifies for a variety of government environmental incentive programs.
- Backed by independent research – ESN has over 400 crop years of research conducted with leading land grant universities.
- Unique color – ESN’s unique green color ensures you get the product you asked for.